Saturday, December 29, 2007

From the editing table_Nell's Shoot (12/28/07)

There's so much I want to put on my blog, including the few hours of videos I was taping in the past couple of days...
Part of my upcoming DVD "This is Your Life" project...
And of course, there so much of the past that I feel the urge to share with you....
But I got to keep it real, and to show what I'm doing in the stills department "at the moment"...

So, let's view a few stills from a still shoot I did For my friends Mieke and Zach (of the band "Nell") last night (12/28/07)
They're nice guys, and could be photogrpahed that way very well, as you can see here:



But they wanted something edgy...and striking, but clean...
So we got these type of images:




BTW, Zach was doing the retouching on the two images displayed on the right side above...
Handsome and a very multi-talented guy.
We did a bunch of situations in the hallway, and on my roof,

For some reason, he came up with this passionate-aggressive (maybe) gesture with his hand on her face, and we went with it...
I like the voyeristic effect of the silo around the image, which I've been incorporationg in my shoots quite a lot in the past few months... I'm also intrigued by the "headshot" of Mieke with the harsh light, and her buffled gaze, although I do appreciate her beauty in the image at the top with natural light.


No comments: